Author Topic: [EXPIRED] 50% off for all of Razer's gaming peripherals for 24 hours  (Read 596 times)

Online Xaviz

• sPwned Member
  • Conqueror

Use promotional code: BESTOFCES2013

Should be live in some hours.

Source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/16dj4z/50_off_all_of_razers_shit_for_only_24_hours_using/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:30:37 AM by Xaviz »

Online Xaviz

• sPwned Member
  • Conqueror
Re: 50% off for all of Razer's gaming peripherals for 24 hours
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »
If you're in need of a new mouse, deathadder 2013 edition is one of the best there is.

Online Xaviz

• sPwned Member
  • Conqueror
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:24 PM »
they're literally pulling 90% of their good peripherals off the shelves and labling it OUT-OF-STOCK. as if anyone is dumb enough to believe they sold all this in the span of an hour before their 50% promotional code went live. marketing scumbags.

Offline Morby

• sPwned Officer
  • Conqueror
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 05:11:40 PM »
Something else to keep in mind if you ever consider to buy their products:

This really took me by surprise. Just bought a new Naga 2012 mouse, installed the software and get greeted by a login screen right after. No option to bypass it to use the software to configure the mouse, set the options, sensitivity, shortcuts, macros etc.

So I go ahead and create an account and try to log in. Nothing. Try several more times, and still nothing. Try to make new accounts with different email addresses and it still wont work.

Finally call Razer who tells me the activation server is down, and I wont be able to use the mouse until it goes back up and will only be able to use it as a standard plug and play mouse til then. I ask about a workaround to use the mouse offline and they say there is none. Supposedly once the mouse is activated on the computer offline mode will work, but it needs to upload my profile and activate my account first and since their server is down its not going to happen. I ask for a supervisor to confirm this is the case and ask again for a workaround to use it offline. He said sorry theres nothing they can do, tells me the call center is closing and hangs up on me.

Im pretty shocked Razer thought it was a good idea to do this to customers. Nowhere on the box does it say anything about needing an internet connection to "activate" a mouse. If the servers go down in the future, anyone who buys this mouse is out of luck.

Honestly the last time I buy a Razer product. Absolutely ridiculous.

You can read the whole thing at: http://www.overclock.net/t/1323093/razer-razer-synapse-2-0-used-for-always-on-data-mining

Online Xaviz

• sPwned Member
  • Conqueror
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 05:17:35 PM »
Meh, overly dramatic about something that's similar for every mouse drivers. Yes you are required to download their software and configure it, but then you can uninstall it and have your last settings saved to your mouse. You literally have to use the internet with every mouse to download their respective software. While I dislike their cloud service, it's nothing new unless I'm overlooking something. But regardless, fuck Razer!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:22:28 PM by Xaviz »

Offline Morby

• sPwned Officer
  • Conqueror
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 05:29:44 PM »
Didn't know you could save it on the mouse, I thought every time you reinstall windows or change computer you need to go online for drivers.

I agree that it's a bit over dramatic but I find the whole thing so unnecessary and hilarious, Razer even claims that it works perfectly fine out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer

Our products work perfectly out of the box. Unlike DRM games or other media that require an always‐on connection, you can use any of our peripherals right out of the box, even if someone doesn’t install Synapse 2.0, and whether a user is offline or online..   /quote

This is a lie. The product does not work perfectly out of the box unless you count basic plug and play with all its advertised features stripped away as working right out of the box.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:30:36 PM by Morby »

Online Xaviz

• sPwned Member
  • Conqueror
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »
There's no real excuse for these people. They have some of the worst work ethics out there and will never own up to their mistakes or admit how their decisons are only made with self-gain in mind. To even attempt claiming this whole software DRM crap is FOR the customers and that onboard memory was bad is so ludicrous that it's hard tp grasp how much of a piece of shit you would have to be to even say that publicly. But luckily for them people have no attention span or principals and will just continue buying their shit and defending them as the blind sheep they are. It's sad as they have a handful of well made peripherals, but it's not worth the hassle having to deal with these scumbags. Especially when you have far better companies like Zowie and CM available.