Life Is Strange: Before the Storm

Xaviz

Life Is Strange: Before the Storm
« on: June 12, 2017, 12:50:07 AM »

Can't wait.

Xaviz

Re: Life Is Strange: Before the Storm
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 02:09:51 PM »
So it's a 3 episode prequel, but it's made by different people. Sigh.

Original team is split between Vampyr & Life is Strange 2. Next!

Xaviz

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 11:35:07 PM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/554620/Life_is_Strange_Before_the_Storm/

The first episode is officially released of the prequel story to Life is Strange, and it has already gotten some great reviews. I'm not too sure about it yet given that the one reviewer I usually trust said it wasn't particularly great, and the first one already had some issues and annoyances. I might just wait for all episodes to be released and then play this before the sequel to the main series comes out.

Melrax

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 10:01:49 AM »
When I saw it's not by the same people, I expected an average game. A bit surprised by this... I wonder how many people are rating it on its own merits rather than just the original's. I'll probably wait for the full series as well.

Xaviz

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 02:53:19 PM »
Oh for sure, I saw 1k reviews within an hour of release and almost all of them just said ''hella awesome'' and some other variation of hella this hella that. Pretty typical at this point. I think the more worthwhile reviews will come about a week or a month after release. People are so caught up in being the first to review something, and given the whole twitch streams + a game with twists, their dumb emotions are at an all time high, so you usually end up with situations like these. I mean Player Unknown's Battleground was like 90% at one point and now I think it's 70%. Funny thing is that PUBG has only improved massively since it entered early access, so clearly people were just full of shit.

Xaviz

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 02:54:56 PM »
btw here is the review I was mentioning

Melrax

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 04:40:13 PM »
Yeah.. seems like its missing a lot that made the original great to me which is unsurprising when you let someone else make a sequel/prequel like this (cough Mass Effect Andromeda). Could be worth playing anyways especially if it improves in the later episodes but the original was a 10/10 for me despite some big flaws just because of how well the game worked overall.

Steam ratings have become about as useful as book ratings on Amazon or Goodreads... I usually filter by negative reviews, find one that doesn't write like a retard and see if any of their points bother me.